Tayside & Angus Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes I'm still alive

+3
david Michie
furstyferret
Gordony
7 posters

Go down

Yes I'm still alive Empty Yes I'm still alive

Post by Gordony Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 am

Hi guys, I tried to get the old forum back up and running, but alas, I couldnt remember the password, so no biggie, this looks better anyway.

So what have I been up to lately? Subjecting Dave to games of Dux Britaniarum/Dux Bellorum and Dropzone Commander, the last one has really grabbed my interest and Dave's, I'd expect to see it appearing unpainted at the club anytime soon. For anyone swithering (thats directed at you Craig) this is not a good game, its a frikken GREAT game, sensible rules, everything from basic infantry to the dreaded "laser pointer of doom" (Orbital Laser Strike) and everything in between tanks/AA/Gunships/Artillery/fighters/transport. It looks expensive, but it actually isnt, £10 for 3 tanks thats £3.33 a tank, even Pendraken are now at £4.50 a tank (the new T54s) so that just makes the starter box an even better deal (£54 from Trolltrader) 60 infantry, 24 vehicles, the rulebook, and all the terrain you need, so go grab yourself a bargain.

Gordon
Gordony
Gordony
Member 3
Member 3

Back to top Go down

Yes I'm still alive Empty Re: Yes I'm still alive

Post by furstyferret Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:16 am

Hi Gordon. Glad to see you're still alive lol. It's a shame you haven't been able to make it down to club lately, but if you ever wanted to swing by with Dropzone Commander, I'm sure some of us would be happy to see that being played.
furstyferret
furstyferret
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.anguswargamesclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordony Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 pm

It's the curse of the Golden Retriever on me, the wee puppy is now even more of a handful now he weighs 32Kg and the older one is a bit smaller at 29Kg, its just too much for the missus too handle on her own, they both pull on their leads and to be honest theyve pulled me off my feet before. So its just not possible for me to get to the club at the moment. On the good news side Dave has got the starter box as well, so he's likely to be bringing it along at some point, give him a few hints that it doesnt need to be painted to play it, otherwise it'll likely to be 2017 before you see it.
Gordony
Gordony
Member 3
Member 3

Back to top Go down

Post by david Michie Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Hello Gordy.

You still owe me a game.  I  have some ancients that want an outing.  You did invite me to Casa Gordy before but I think we need hallowed ground...

Because we are too awesome to be in the same room.
david Michie
david Michie
Member 2
Member 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinfish Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Stop tempting us with more shiny toys, the lead mountain is high enough this year...
Tinfish
Tinfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:54 pm

Tinfish wrote:Stop tempting us with more shiny toys, the lead mountain is high enough this year...
It's never enough... Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://tandagamingnetwork.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordony Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:15 pm

You still faffing about with the 40k Dave? Mine got retired years ago, well not retired, re-purposed, to play Stargrunt, though nowadays theyre more likely to be seen attacking my platoon of Nuns using the Flying Lead rules.

Alas all my Ancients are now 10mm based for Warmaster Ancients.
Gordony
Gordony
Member 3
Member 3

Back to top Go down

Post by david Michie Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Nope I really dont play much 40k any more. 

the basing for ancients is the same in 10mm as it is in 15mm is it not.

I have in fact played against 6mm armies with my 15mm Romans.

It just looks a bit wierd.  So what the matter chicken boy are you err chicken?
david Michie
david Michie
Member 2
Member 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordony Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Nope not chicken but have definitly been spoiled over the last few years playing Mexican Dave.

1) he cant roll a dice for toffee

2) Objective, what objective?? Charge!!!
Gordony
Gordony
Member 3
Member 3

Back to top Go down

Post by mexican dave Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Yup it is true

can't roll for toffee

charge with everything.

Anyone recommend a horse lord army. Now that might work and if not it would be great !!!
mexican dave
mexican dave
Member 1
Member 1

http://weemenunderthebed.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by david Michie Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:49 am

Ah a Murat in the making.....

Perhaps you were Lord Cardigan in a past life.

I like to charge somtimes too, but only when I know I can win.

Big Guns Big Guns Oh Oh Oh OH!
david Michie
david Michie
Member 2
Member 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffenator Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Gordon,
Good to hear that you are 'still alive' and gaming. It's true that I am tempted by DZC, everything in the starter set looks great and at such a great price. I would like to play the game first though before deciding to buy it... I want to see how it plays. Hopefully I can get a game in with Dave sometime soon!

Laffenator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordony Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Well talk to Dave, like I say it doesnt need to be painted to be played with, the models are so dissimilar that theres no way that you can mistake whats what on the table (apart from of course the infantry). I've only had one game with Dave, and true to form I've gone a bit bananas with it. The humans now have 9 dropships with all the armour and infantry loadouts and the dreaded Scourge have 8 dropships and of course their loadouts (only 8 because their commander is in a big flying thingy). The air cover for both sides arrived today so I'm looking forward to the next game and making swooshing noises as these bad asses make their attack runs across the table. Who knows one of them might even hit something.Razz Razz
Gordony
Gordony
Member 3
Member 3

Back to top Go down

Post by mexican dave Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Well I couldn't say they are painted but the Scourge are all built as are the UCM infantry. Plan is to build the UCM and have them all undercoated this week. Thus leaving the weekend for the paint.

I have been somewhat busy. More deep wars stuff bought with only some terrain to source. I won't start until I have what I need.

My paint mojo left my Vietnam project but a little more effort will get them finished.

In the meantime cranked out 11 out of 14 superheroes but don't have all the bases for them. Order on e bay will solve that by the weekend.

I think I am doing pretty well actually (for me) !!!!Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mexican dave
mexican dave
Member 1
Member 1

http://weemenunderthebed.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum