Tayside & Angus Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electronic gaming table! Sort of...

3 posters

Go down

Electronic gaming table!  Sort of... Empty Electronic gaming table! Sort of...

Post by david Michie Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:10 pm

So this is something that I have been looking into.  As some of you might know I work in the Library teaching IT.

Now I am thinking of getting a hold of one of our multimedia projectors and using it to project a map/dungeon onto a desk.

I think I could we could use this to run a Space Hulk like game.  I have a single board computer called a Raspberry Pi that I can hook up for this type of thing.  It would mean building a stand that looks down onto the table but I am sure I could do this.

So what do you lot think of the feasibility of this type of this, I am not talking about a touch table gaming board, yet.  Just a way of showing 2D maps.

I will have to try this and will keep you lot posted!Suspect
david Michie
david Michie
Member 2
Member 2

Back to top Go down

Electronic gaming table!  Sort of... Empty Re: Electronic gaming table! Sort of...

Post by Gordony Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Arent these normally projected upwards at a translucent tabletop??
Gordony
Gordony
Member 3
Member 3

Back to top Go down

Electronic gaming table!  Sort of... Empty Re: Electronic gaming table! Sort of...

Post by Admin Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Regardless...  Sounds pretty awesome!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://tandagamingnetwork.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by david Michie Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Yes they are normally projected at a wall.  However I have seen stands which allow you to project downwards and I think I can rig one up.

So now I just need to create a dungeon or a space  ship to project.  I will keep you posted!
david Michie
david Michie
Member 2
Member 2

Back to top Go down

Post by david Michie Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:54 am

So I am still looking into wether I should create a new slide for the spaceships or cobble togther some copyright free old Space Hulk bits.

Yes I know that they have tyo be copyright free and not actual scans or old pictures.

I think this will really be the problem, getting the look right.  I am not bothered about the hardware bit just the software.
david Michie
david Michie
Member 2
Member 2

Back to top Go down

Post by david Michie Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:28 pm

I have managed to lay my weasily black hands on a touch screen so I just need to figure out how to load up some stuff.  No I cant use Vassel cause its a library and we cant break any rules.

I will keep you informed.
david Michie
david Michie
Member 2
Member 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down